At first glance, it seems like a compelling campaign ad. School children asking if a candidate “has the highest ethical standards” and “do they always put Nevada first”. Then I noticed something interesting about the ad. What is Rory’s last name? The ad indicated you can download Rory’s Education plan at Rory2010.com. The website also had a link to “Meet Rory“. While I learned that “Rory” was the Chairman of the Clark County Commission, I still did not know what his last name was. It seemed odd that a candidate for governor in the state of Nevada would have a web page designed without his last name included. Why would someone spend time and money campaigning for votes but not want the electorate to know their last name? Then I scrolled over the Facebook and Twitter links at the bottom of the page. Rory’s last name is “Reid”, as in Senator Dirty Harry Reid’s son. That explained everything. Having the “highest ethical standards” means not letting the people of Nevada know your father is Senator Harry Reid:
‘Today is a big day in America, only 36,000 people lost their jobs today, which is really good.’
On Iraq: ‘This War is Lost’
‘You can smell the tourists’
‘Income taxes are VOLUNTARY’
According to a recent CBS poll, Shrieker of the House Nancy “Stretch” Pelosi (11%) and Dirty Harry Reid (8%) have a COMBINED ‘Favorable’ approval rating of 19%. In the words of Joe Biden today, this is a “big f—ing deal!”
Change No One Can Believe In
Dirty Harry Reid is at it again. In an interview with the Reno Gazette Journal, the dumbocrat from Nevada was asked how Senator Kennedy’s death would affect things. Reid’s response:
Q: How will U.S. Sen. (Edward) Kennedy’s death affect things?
A: I think it’s going to help us. He hasn’t been around for some time. We’re going to have a new chairman of that committee, it’ll be, I don’t know for sure, but I think Sen. (Chris) Dodd, (D-Conn.). He has a right to take it. Either him or (U.S. Sen. Tom) Harkin, (D-Iowa), whichever one wants it can have it. I think he (Kennedy) will be a help. He’s an inspiration for us. That was the issue of his life and he didn’t get it done. [emphasis added]
At least he didn’t say that he was happy Kennedy was “out of business“. I believe his defeat in 2010 will help Nevada in general and America in particular.
Sen. Harry Reid who is seeking a fifth term, is trailing Danny Tarkanian by 11 points in a recent poll taken by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research Inc.
Mr. Reid also would lose by five points to Sue Lowden, the Nevada Republican Party chairwoman and a former state senator, the poll shows.
Perhaps the Senator should not publicly wish for one of his state’s newspapers to “go out of business.”